One of the many choices event organizers have to make is selecting which ticket delivery method to offer attendees.
- Going paperless? Choose Will-Call (door tickets) as the only delivery option for the event.
- Need patrons to have their tickets in hand as they arrive? Offer any combination of Print-At-Home, Mobile, or Physical tickets (delivered by postal mail).
- Is your event content available online? Offer Online Access tickets.
Read on for more details about each delivery method.
Will-Call is our most flexible delivery method. When a buyer purchases a will-call ticket, their name and number of tickets are added to your Attendee List. Buyers will show their photo ID at the door or box office in order to gain admission.
We recommend printing off a copy of your Attendee List before the event for easy reference. You can also order bulk pre-printed tickets to hand out to attendees.
Print-at-Home tickets are emailed to the buyer upon purchase as a PDF. Each ticket has a unique barcode that can be validated with our scanner app.
Mobile tickets are accessible via smartphone or tablet and require buyers to log into a Brown Paper Tickets account. For admission, buyers just need to pull up the ticket on their screen. Mobile tickets can also be validated with our scanner app.
If your event takes place online or has an online component, you can offer the Online Access delivery method. With this method, you'll be asked to provide a link to the online content or specify when and how the link will be delivered.
Physical tickets are printed in our offices and mailed to buyers via USPS or UK Royal Mail, depending on their location. Tickets are printed on our unique ticket stock with scannable barcodes.
Physical Tickets Only
For a speedy and secure admissions process, we understand that it is appealing to only allow customers to receive tickets via postal mail. However, as your event draws near, the window for expected delivery gets smaller. We mail physical tickets within 72 hours via USPS First Class or UK Royal Mail at no additional cost to you or your attendees, but this free option can take up to (or sometimes longer than!) 10 days for delivery.
To ensure that patrons are likely to receive their tickets in time for an event, we automatically end the free delivery option 7 days before the event. At that point, customers are required to pay extra for expedited shipping if they wish to purchase in advance. Delivery estimates are provided by the postal carrier and there is no guarantee of timely delivery.
Last Minute Will-Call
If you opt for physical tickets only, please note that we do require you to accept a potential "last minute will-call" list so that we can help confirmed purchasers get admitted to your event if their tickets don't arrive in time.
Best Of Both Worlds
If you need to have as many patrons arrive with physical tickets as possible but you don't want to penalize last-minute buyers, you have a few options.
- End ticket sales early
- You can choose to cut off the online ticket sales when the free delivery method ends. Simply log in to your account about a week before the event date and end sales for the date.
- Add other delivery options for you last-minute buyers (when the free physical option ends)
- Log in to your account and edit the date when you're ready to make the switch. In the date-editing window, un-check the box for Physical tickets and check the box(es) for any combination of Will-Call, Print-At-Home, or Mobile.
- Sell last-minute tickets at the event
- Add information on your event page letting last-minute purchasers know if tickets will be available at the door, and what time they should arrive to buy in person.