Need to collect additional information during the checkout process?
We offer a Questionnaire tool formatted to ask yes or no, multiple choice, or open-ended questions. Your attendee's responses will be available in the Complete List report.
Keep in mind that carts have a 15-minute timer, so we recommend keeping your questionnaire brief.
Note: Questionnaires do not appear on our mobile site. If the questionnaire is essential, we suggest removing Mobile delivery - this will direct users to our standard website to complete their orders.
How to Add a Questionnaire
- Log in to your Brown Paper Tickets account
- From the Account menu, select Manage Your Events
- Select the blue button Go! next to the event
- From the dark gray bar select Questionnaire
- Add a Question in the white box
- Select if the question is Required or Optional for your attendee
- Select an Answer type via the drop-down menu
- Click the blue Add This Question button
How to Re-Order and Edit Questions
- Scroll down the Questionnaire page to view your Current Questions
- Click the up or down buttons to re-order
- Click Edit to adjust a question or the available answers
- Click Turn Off to hide the question from future purchasers while retaining all the existing responses to the question
- Click Remove to delete a question and all of the responses that have been recorded
Should I Turn Off or Remove Questions?
We always recommend selecting Turn Off over Remove when making changes to a questionnaire on a live event. Doing so will protect any answers that have already been submitted. If you want to update a question on a live event, you can turn off the current question and add a new one in its place.
- Once a question has been removed, the data is gone. Please be sure to download any existing responses that you might need from the Complete List report before removing questions.
- If a question or answer option is edited after buyers have already responded, it might change the context of the question and invalidate past responses.