Price Tiering is a feature designed to automatically release tickets at a new price level once another price level has sold out. Only one price will appear at a time, keeping everything nice and neat on the event page.
Price Tiering is often used to encourage early purchasing.
For example, let's say our event has 3 admission levels:
- Tier One - $10.00 (max sales of 100)
- Tier Two - $20.00 (max sales 500)
- Tier Three - $30.00 (max sales - unlimited)
If we tier these prices, the first 100 buyers would score a $10 ticket, the next 500 would get a $20 ticket, and the rest would pay $30. The prices would increase automatically, without you needing to monitor sales and make adjustments.
How to Enable Price Tiering
- Log in to your Brown Paper Tickets account
- From the Account menu, select Manage Your Events
- Click Go! next to the event's title
- Select the Dates & Prices tab from the dark gray bar
- Scroll down to Your Dates & Prices
- In line with a price, click the blue Edit or Delete Price link
- Locate the Price Limitations section
- Under Price Tiering select
"ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN ALL _________ ARE SOLD"
- From the drop down menu, select the price that should be sold out before this price becomes available
- Click Save Changes
- Repeat for additional prices as needed