The event date and time gives attendees the time they should be at your event and an idea of how long it will last.
How to Add a Date to Your Event
- Log in to your Brown Paper Tickets account
- From the Account menu, select Manage Your Events
- Click GO! next to the event title
- Select the Dates & Prices tab from the dark gray bar
- In the + Add a Date box, enter the date and time
Event dates should reflect the start and end time for each individual performance. See below for best practices for different event types.
You may also adjust the online sales cutoff time, max available tickets for online sales, and check or un-check the ticket delivery methods to offer your attendees. Check out the right side-bar on the event management page for more information about each setting.
- Click the blue +Add This Date button
- Scroll down to view the newly added date beneath Your Dates & Prices
- Repeat steps for additional dates (if applicable)
For events with multiple repeating performances, like theatre productions or film screenings, individual dates should be created for each performance. This will allow your ticket buyers to select the specific performance date they will attend (and keep your attendee lists organized!). Fill out the +Add a Date box at the top of the page for each specific showing of your event.
Is your event an ongoing series that will be attended by the same group of people? In this case, you'll add a single date as a range, with the Start and End dates reflecting the full duration of the series. Individual session dates and times should be listed in the event's Full Description and Notes for Attendees so that attendees know when they should be at each session.