Need to send attendees a private event invitation or link ahead of time? You're in the right place.
If you're hosting an online webinar, class, or workshop, you'll need to send attendees a link so they can join the event. The simplest way is to add the link or instructions to your Notes for Attendees, so buyers receive it automatically after purchase. Notes for Attendees are also displayed to the customer on their order confirmation page and confirmation email after checkout.
If you plan to share the access link closer to the event, be sure to let them know when it will be coming. We recommend sending it out via our Attendee Notification tool at least 24 hours in advance.
How to Share Instructions with Buyers
- Generate the event invitation link on your platform of choice
- Log in to your Brown Paper Tickets account
- From the Account menu, select Manage Your Events
- Click GO! next to the event title
- Choose the Settings tab from the dark gray bar
- Scroll to Notes for Attendees
- Add/Update the message in the field
- Click Save Change
Ticket Buyer View
Confirmation Page: The event invitation link will be displayed on the confirmation page once the buyer's order is complete.
Confirmation Email: The event invitation link will also be displayed in the buyer's confirmation email.
Make it easy for your attendees to join you. Adding additional tips or instructions to your event description may prevent buyer frustration down the road.
Important details to include:
- Which virtual platform the event will be streaming on.
- Do viewers need to download anything in advance?
- When and how attendees will be receiving their invites.
- Any equipment participants will need (headphones, yoga mat, sketch pad).
- If there will be live or interactive audience participation.
Send reminders to your attendees in the days leading up to the event to generate excitement and communicate any important information. It can be helpful to re-send the invitation link on the day of the event for easy access.