X, formerly known as Twitter, is a powerful social media platform. Tap into its potential to reach your audience amongst the platform's 200 million + users. Use these 3 easy steps to leverage engagement on the platform.
1. Create a Unique Event Hashtag for Your Event
Keep it short, simple, and clever. This will allow people to engage while at the event and assist you with promotion. Use your personal hashtag across platforms.
- Select one or two additional relevant trending hashtags to target your audience and gain followers.
- Use your unique hashtag in marketing materials, emails, and signage at your event.
2. Share Visual Content
Images, videos, and links stand out from the crowd. A study conducted by buffer.com showed that posts with images received up to 18% more clicks, 89% more likes, and 150% more reposts.
- Post creative and visually appealing images
- Gifs are fun and encourage reposts and engagement
- Post creative and original videos to instantly grab the user's attention
Engagement is a key factor in building your brand on X (Twitter). Consider yourself a brand ambassador for your event.
- Leave no post behind, engage with your followers! Ask questions, answer questions and thank attendees for sharing content about your event.
- Don't forget to like and repost, it is a key component, and goes a long way toward establishing a following.